From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:54:45 -0700
richard:
with microphone and power settings, they do not cycle so you can count if
you have to.
I am not sure if you have the 570DG or not, but if you have the g, with the
upgrade, their is a tx monitor function located in menu 47 that will allow
you to monitor your mike audio.
If you dont have this, the next best way is to monitor it with another HF
rig if you have one.
With an MC60, you probably want your 570 gain around 50 to 60 percent and
the mike at perhaps half or 3 quarters...play around with this combination a
little till you can get it right...sometimes finding someone on the air can
help just as much since they can let you know exactly how it sounds.
Make sure the tx equalizer is set to "off" so that you can get the best
dynamic range out of the mc60...also make sure the processor is in the "off"
position.
73
Colin, V A6BKX