From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2012 20:26:50 -0400
Hello all.

Well, this afternoon and early evening, we visited with the XYL of the
silent key who I mentioned in my e-mails earlier today.

It turns out that he does have a TS570S, that is in very good shape, and I'm
seriously thinking of purchasing it in order to have on hand as a back-up HF
rig.

I do have some questions about the rig, though:

1.  Does anyone have a clean text copy of the manual that you could send me?
I'd also appreciate any other documentation that you might have.  I checked
for the manual on icanworkthisthing.com, but found it to be rather hard to
navigate with Jaws 13.

Please send anything to:

2.  What is the difference between the TS570 S and the TS570 D?  The rig I
checked out today was the 570S.

3.  Am I correct in saying that the TS570S requires the VS3 voice chip in
order to provide needed speech screen rdading output?  Does anyone have an
extra VS3 that they would be willing to part with for a fair price??  If
not, I'll order one if I really do decide to purchase the rig.

Thanks for answering these questions!

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ