From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 19:04:50 -0400
Hi Friend, be glad to talk with you tomorrow or whenever.  I've not used HRD
with the 817, although I did use it some with the 703+,  when I had that
rig, and will likely use it with my 706Original, down the road when I get
the necessary usb cable to run it.
I have used and pretty much like/much as I've been able to use it, commander
software with my 817, although the "memorizing's not very blind doable, at
least not so far for this blind doer.  I've sent the radio and am working on
my revised memory list to send it to my friend Lowell, who'll readjust the
memories.  The other menu and most other settings however, _Are doable with
commander.  Keep in touch, Danny.