From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 2015 17:33:33 -0230
I agree with you Colin although this is probably gonna draw a line in the sand. LOL
All my station I had to get through my own dollars and once I could do that, any borrowed equipment had to be returned. I also don't like having things shoved down my throat with regards to this hobby.
There are allot out there think that I should take an ax to my vintage gear and have nothing but a Kenwood TS-590, along with the suggestion that a wire antenna and 100W is good enough for you while they are running KWs of power. LOL Now that's not to say I didn't have any problems with my equipment along the way and I would have been better served by a new solid state rig with full accessibility but I chose the vintage Yaesu root and love my station which seems to be behaving now that I'm having my XYL look over my shoulder to check things now and then and keeping my max tune up power to 150W CW.
I think some of this hand holding while ya leak needs to go away. LOL

73:
Mike DE VO1AX