From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2014 13:46:02 -0500
When I ran the LDG at200 pro, I didn't have to worry about it being
connected to the radio tuner jack, once you transmit through it it tunes
anyway even not hooked to the tuner connector and the radio folds back the
power so you're not going to hurt the finals in the second or so it takes to
tune once it memorizes the tuning position from the last time you were
there. I'm sure that resister wouldn't have hurt anything though doing that.
The only reason I don't use it much anymore is I was having problems with it
on the MARS frequencies. If I can figure out why and fix it it would be
convenient to have it working but after that, and hearing numerous other
people having the same problem with them on the same MARS frequencies, my
confidence in it is about gone and it will live in my go kit for now while I
use a manual tuner at home. In fact I have a manual tuner in my go kit as
well but if I want to just do a quick and dirty setup without dealing with
the Ni-viking tuning box in my go kit I use the AT-200pro still. In the ham
bands it's not a bad tuner, I don't understand why I had the problem I did
where I did but I hear people struggle with them the same places on a daily
basis and almost all end up going to a manual tuner, the rest just sound
like crap as the radio power is up and down and the tuner can't find a happy
place. I can't say I've heard that in the ham bands though. They work great
there.