From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:44:55 -0400
Hi, all.

Please forgive this second "off topic" inquiry, but there is lots
of knowledge on this list that I just can't pass up.

As you all may know, I'm a college professor here in Michigan,
and ever since my college days, I have relied on Recording For
The Blind for recording of many of the texts that I have used
either as a student, or as a Professor.

Does anyone know of a good portable CD player that works well
with RFB and D recorded books?

I am still using cassettes, but want to make the switch to CD's
from RFB and D so as to bring me up to the 21st century.

To be honest, I got burned once by purchasing a tape recorder
that RFB had recommended for their taped books, so I'm a bit
hesitant to go with their recommendations.  To put it simply, the
product they suggested, which I bought, was very poorly made, and
was a big disapointment given the money I paid for it.

At any rate, any suggestions on a usable CD player for RFB books
would be appreciated.

Thanks for putting up with this post.

Very best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ