From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 2015 17:37:25 +1300
Hi Butch!

Yep, sometimes it just don't. Agree with you, that's a great feature when it
works. On the odd time, it don't and you just want to kill it for all the
extra time required to bring it back up again.

Just making sure that sleep messages is turned on in the menu is the only
precaution you can take. Lleep messages are on by default, so in theory, it
should never be an issue. There's no way I know of to predict when that will
fail, but just hope for better luck next time. I think it qualifies as a QC
issue, because it isn't designed to frustrate, so what else you going to
call it? Hi hi.

Some folks never use the sleep timer, and if they haven't, then they are
unaware of the bug but anyone who does will recognise the bug. The old one
had it also. Doesn't seem to matter what you might be listening to. In my
experience, the frequency is low. Maybe it wouldn't be so annoying if the
unit booted faster, but I mean, that's exactly the issue that warning is
intended to prevent, so that takes you full circle. They can't get it up and
running any faster, I suspect because it's not a very powerful processor,
but I've been wrong before.

I'm not really as impatient as this message implies, but it's a fair
comment. It probably will boot a bit faster if you never use wireless, but
then those times are just as rare, hi hi. Maybe, if enough of us mention it
to Humanware, a fix might find it's way into the next update. Only problem
with this strategy is I think you need massive numbers to get their
attention., and the combination of users not using the sleep timer are not
high enough to get the problem to the mass required, especially with the
frequency of the problem being as low as this is. I think it only fails
about once in every ten times, and I may even be exaggerating at that. I
only know you're not making it up, because it is a shared experience.

73,
Dave