From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2012 11:07:55 -0400
    Pat:

I was on 7.191 or thereabouts out at the RV around 4 p.m  3 p.m. your time.
Gave out my call several times, but no response.

Actually heard George (WD8INW) work a station in the Ohio State Parks
contest just above 7.191, but then lost him in the contest activity.

My G5RV continues to work reasonably well, I think.  I ended up putting a
total of 100 feet of coax outside the RV as kind of a tuning stub, and got
the antenna to tune on 10, 15, 20, all of 40, and the lower half of 80
meters.

Once again, worked over into Europe on 20 meters, thanks to the worked all
Europe contest, and even a few European stations on 40 meters later last
evening.  Did lots of state-side stuff on 40 meters too, so I think the
antenna is actually working at least somewhat well.

Hopefully, next week-end, we will have a 40-meter round table so I can test
the antenna out with the group.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ