From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:28:00 -0600
	The CBS affiliate in Oklahoma City is pulling the plug
on its analog signal at 13:00 February 17. So is K A U T Channel
43 which has been on since 1980 in Oklahoma City. The ABC affiliate
told their viewers that they would keep the analog signal on
until June 12.

	I don't know what the NBC, PBS or a couple of other UHF
channels are doing, but Congress shouldn't have extended the
deadline because we now have a sort of grey time in which some
of them are switching next week and others aren't. It would have
made much more sense to fix the coupon program and get it back
running again than it is to suddenly obsolete that whole
campaign about how your analog over-the-air TV would quit on
February 17, 2009. Now, your analog TV will partly quit which
should let those who still don't get it know that something is
afoot.

	I know that the CBS Channel in Oklahoma City which is
Channel 9 plans to actually move their digital feed down from
the UHF channel it is on to Channel 9 so some tower work will
need to be done and rather fast.

The NBC and ABC affiliates will just switch off their analog
signal so they probably aren't having to do as much work that
has to be scheduled in advance.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer