From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 20:41:14 -0500
Hi Darrell,

With the KRC2, the K2 has all--or about 99%--of the KX1's cw feedback
functionality. You'll have to be sure and get the accessibility option
for the KRC2, though. While this is a separate box that connects to
the KIO2 serial port, with it you get nearly all information output to
you in morse. The only things that won't read in some fashion or other
are the dial lock, the VOX/PTT switch, and the QSK on/off in cw mode
(i.e. if qsk is off, you can use the K2 as a glorified code practice
oscillator...LOL). But even the menu settings read if you press the
button on the KRC2 to read the display while in menu mode. It's really
retty slick! Gary/KB9ZUV and I have both been among those dialoging
with the KRC2 designer to make this happen, and it really is very!
nice. Truly, I think you'd be hard pressed to find better
accessibility. And Elecraft is committed to putting in accessibility
in all of their future products...this we have direct from the horse's
mouth, as it were.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV
Help us bring our child home! Visit http://ouradoption.brannan.name to