From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:13:01 -0500
Hi, Folks.

I have a question on the Kenwood TMV7A mobile rig that I thought someone
might be able to help me with.  So here goes:

One of the links on a repeater link system that I use has a rather strange
cross-band arrangement.  You transmit on a 2-meter frequency, and listen to
the output on a 440 frequency.  There is a reason for this cross-band
arrangement in this particular geographical location, although I am not sure
what it is.  My dilemma is this:  Whenever I transmit on the 2-meter side,
using one of the vfo's, I create a nice rf/feedback loop between it, and the
440 side, which I am listening to on the other VFO.  In other words, I can
hear myself coming through the 440 side of the rig.  How do I mute the 440
side of the TMV7A when I am transmitting on 2 meters?  I think if I do this,
I should eliminate the cross-modulation problem.

If you can give me a simple set of steps, I'll give them a try.  I have to
believe this is possible to do with that rig.

Thanks for your help, and best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ