From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:50:33 -0500
Hello all.

As many of you know, I have been trying to find windows-based logging
software that would work well with Jaws, and Windows 98 Second Edition.

Well, it appears that the N3FJP software is the answer I have been looking
for.

I tried it yesterday with the NAQP CW contest, and found it to work
beautifully.  I do have a couple of small issues, in terms of getting Jaws
to help with editing log entries, etc., but I think they are problems more
with Jaws than with the software itself.  The software alerts me to dupes,
and is very easy to set up in terms of contest parameters.

As you know from previous e-mails from this list, the software can be
downloaded or purchased on Cd's.  There are separate programs for each of
about 15 contests, plus a general logging program and some other goodies.  I
personally would recommend purchasing the entire CD for $49, so you can get
the whole set for a fraction of what the cost would be if you bought each
piece separately.  To make the software work best, you need to download the
wave files, that have been designed to read entry field labels, but that is
easy to do, especially with the CD.

I am thinking that if a number of us on this list get, and work with this
software, we can help each other with any problems that might arise with
specific logging programs.  Scott, n3fjp, is quite willing to work with us,
and is aware that I am spreading the word about his software.

More information on the logging software can be found at:

www.n3fjp.com

Please let me know about any experiences you have had with this software,
and I'll keep everyone posted as well.

Thanks, and best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ