From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2015 22:45:27 +1300
Hi all!

Thanks to Ron K8HSY for the very nice manual.

I have been able to replicate all that it says, but the curious thing is
that I can't replicate all of it, all the time, which puzzles me.

For example, you're correct to say that if you're authorised to transmit on
the selected remote, there will be an x beside your call. Sometimes I've
found this, but most often, I haven't been able to find it, even though
authorisation has not been removed.
 I don't understand why this is.

In my course now with different remotes, I see that some have managed to
configure it to follow the band plan in terms of selecting the appropriate
sideband, but that is not always the case so you still need to know what the
appropriate mode selection is just in case you have to make it right.

Certainly, W0ZSW is organised that way because it says so, but you only know
that because you can read it in the text area.

It would be helpful to check to see if you're the only user. If it says
number of users: 1, then that 1 is you, so you know you won't run the risk
of interrupting anything or anyone when you see that. The oddity seems to be
that you can't always find that, though you may hunt in vain for it.

I have created a new list, but haven't completed all the configuration yet.

73,
Dave

David Allen, Director
Blind-Sight Limited
For computer training and support world-wide, equipment or braille
production please contact me through any of the following ways:
Email: [log in to unmask]
Telephone: 64-3-455-7694 (Home)
64-27-224-5489 (Mobile)
PO Box 9046