From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:49:56 -0500
That is also my understanding; that Clinton was offered help in 1993 but
turned it down.

As for New Orleans after Katrina, I think maybe you have been listening to
too much Neal Boortz.  He has been downing New Orleans every since Katrina
saying things like, "All New Orleans wants is a handout."  But anyone who
listens to him knows that all he does is play devil's advocate.  He goes
where the wind blows, and he has a lot of wind to put out.  He doesn't think
the blind or disabled should have anything, and when he was here, a
representative from our local station that carries his show said that all he
wanted to do was find a crystal burger and get his book signing appearance
over with so he could leave town.  So he refused to investigate or look at
the damage for himself.  He'd rather speak from afar and take the attitude
of, "Don't confuse me with the facts, because I already have my answer.
Harvey