From:
Richard WEbb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 23:03:07 -0400
HI folks,

Just bought one of thesee, if you're not familiar it's a 2 meter
mobile, but if you're not familiar then ...

Anyway, q14 memories, no call channel.  Kind of an adventure to
program.  Hoping it does out of band rx high enough so I can put noaa
weather  radio in the vfo so that we can always tell if we're in vfo
or memory mode as it's mounted under the dash in a position not really
visible to her, and even if I put my nose right to it the lcd display
isnt' the most legible I"ve found.

Another problem has reared its ugly head with this beastie however.
ITs lithium backup batterry for memories etc. has gone bad, it's an
older rig of course and we bought it used at a ham fest recently.
Anybody familiar enough with this beastie to tell me wehre about to
look and how easy the replacement is.

Yes my xyl plans to do the rtfm on it tomorow, and I'm hoping it
points her to it before we take its clothes off.

73 de kb0ruu

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin November 1755