From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 2015 16:06:53 -0700
The only quad I owned was a PDL Uni-quad for 11 meters.  It had 2
coaxes so you could run either vertical or horizontal
polarization and man it could really null out the skip.  I think
it was up for at least a couple years before I got my ham ticket
and it held up well.  I used to help a low vision friend who
lived nearby.  He rode a bike with a 108 inch CB antenna on it
and I would relay phone messages and such.  He did onsite house
calls doing organ repairs for a local business.  Of course that
was way before cell phones and I don't even think there were that
many car phones out there in 1971 or so.  Those were some fun
days.  73, Jim WA6EKS