From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2014 21:25:56 -0400
Lou:

I had my XYL help me wihh this, and we couldn't get the default to work,
unless we specified exact file types for Winamp to associate with.  In fact,
we couldn't get the "associate with all file types" option to work either.

So, the work-around I finally decided on was to create a shortcut for
winamp, and then use the "open file" option to select the file I want to
play, and then have it play through Winamp.

This sure seems harder than it really should be, but it appears to be  the
easiest thing to do right now, rather than possibly creating other
unanticipated problems.

Thanks to you and everyone on the list for tolerating this off topic thread.

Hopefully, others will benefit from this discussion as well by learning
about what I couldn't get to work for me, and what I figured out as a doable
workaround.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ