From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2013 15:51:36 -0230
Wel tit for tat. 90% of radio type communication could be handled over the Internet and no radio on each end of the circuit at all but we still have HF and VHF available.
I wouldn't mind accessing dStar because, the echolink repeater system up here in Newfoundland are poorly maintained and crap or not functioning at all and vary few available or private.
The local dStar repeater on the other hand is well maintained and is located where I could either hit it with a 5w handi or a 50w mobile from my cottage. I also wouldn't have to install an 80 per month basic Internet/cable package to access it. Lol
73:
Michael DE VO1AX

Sent from my iPhone