From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 23:01:16 -0600
just for the sake of clerity, you can only receive SSB, Cw and rtty, and A M
on VHF and UHF on the main receiver...the sub receiver is FM only on those
bands.
So no listening to VHF and VHF, or VHF/UHf or UHF/UHF both on SSB or some
other mode...but you can set  the left side to what ever mode you want and
the right side to FM.
for satellite work you use split vfo mode on the main receiver where your RX
and TX frequencies are on different bands and you use whatever mode you need
for each one.
hope that helps and doesn't confuse the issue more for you.

73
Colin, V A6BKX