From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2010 11:09:31 -0400
I know the clip on my SMC-32 is very very loose and still going, remember my
internal speaker is not working anymore so I've had that mic on that radio
for 2 years now and that clip is so loose I'm waiting for it to come off any
day but so far so good. I have an SMC-34 I got in a deal with something else
I can use if that happens, just switch it between the 2 radios, I don't care
for speaker mics anyway really but sometimes they do come in handy. I
remember the old radio shack speaker mic I had the clip came off the back of
that one but that was a metal clip so I just put a pop rivet through it and
a backer on the inside of the mic and it worked fine until I sold it, you
couldn't even tell really, not sure I'd do that with these plastic clips but
if it does give you might try it if you have anything like that sitting
around that might hold it.