From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2012 10:06:35 -0500
I just picked up a couple used Braille Lite 40s on ebay at an excellent
price and I hope to use one of them in the shack for note taking during old
buzzard  transmissions.  These units both appear to be in great shape.  Only
problem is, they have 1998 firmware in them and I want to upgrade them to be
able to use windisk to easily transfer files.

I've gotten the latest revision available from the FS web site and, since I
don't have a Blazie or FS disk drive, I intend to use hyperterm and Y-Modem
to transfer the files.  FS did come up with a very thorough tutorial
document with step-by-step instructions on using hyper terminal.  Can anyone
remember that far back to tell me of any pitfalls I might encounter with
this project?  Is there any problem with going directly from a 1998 revision
to a 2003 revision?  Thanks.  lou
Lou Kolb
Voice-over Artist:
Radio/TV Ads, Video narrations