From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2011 14:51:08 -0330
Hi all:

I'm wondering if Icom's VS announces both VFO's while duel watch is enabled and what info is actually presented to the blind user?
I always thought that the VS only announced S-9, freq and mode of VFO A, leaving duel watch inaccessible. There is an IC-756PRO II up for sale in my area that has all options, including the VS and I'm thinking of picking it up if the price is right.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Yaesu but I'd like to try out a well known contesting rig too and keep my 450 as a backup/fd rig.
I'll certainly try out the proii 1ST but I'd like to know what I'd be getting into. I also heard that the TFT display was a problem for these rigs, mainly burn ins and this could affect the VS.

73:

Michael De VO1RYN
P S

Tom: KB8TYJ, You have outstanding audio, what is your working conditions?
I meant to ask you on Saturday on the round table.