From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:21:46 -0500
Did the President lie?  This isn't the bill he propozed.  What they did in
congress, was take the worse elements of each approach.  It will have to be
fixed, it's a start but certainly not a finnish.  If we'd have started this
in 1993, we'd be seventeen years down the road, rather than be in the year
one of reform.  We had the chance and blew it.  If we didn't start now, we'd
miss the chance to start again.  I am very tired of meeting needlessly
blinded people every year because of untreated glaucoma and diabetes,
something must be done.  Now being blind isn't the worse thing in the world,
but I don't think given the choice, that I'd choose it either.