From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 08:01:31 -0500
Well, you can't really get an HF radio that puts out less then 100 watts
unless you go QRP, which is 5 watts or less, but anyway, most HF radios put
out 100.  Also, there are some AC powered HF radios on the market, how ever
they're just a bit unreasonably priced right now to say the least. You could
have a tripod put up on the roof or something for antennas, a lot of people
do that, I've heard chimney mounting isn't the best way to go for some
people though others say it works out alright, I don't know anyone around
here I talk to though who has an antenna chimney mounted and since mine is
right next to the power lines coming in to the house I'd never even think of
it. I have my antennas on stand off brackets on the side of the house, 10 to
17 meter vertical anyway, is next to my bedroom window so if I have to do a
quick repair on it I can just lower it to that window, take the window out
of the frame, and change coax, or a connector or something if I have to. My
duel bander is on the house too but we couldn't do the same with that one
since it's on the gack of the house and the gutters are there, the brackets
are so long reaching it not going to happen, but anyway, that's an option
too.