From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 13:12:58 -0700
you can buy wireless door bells with west minster chimes for about 20 bucks
or less almost anywhere...wallmart or any other store like that including
all your run of the mill hardware and home improvement stores.
Yes, they're electronic, but they're also super easy to install...simply use
some adhesive double sided tape to mount the button by the door, and place
the receiver unit anywhere you want in the house....you can get units with
multiple buttons if you have more than one common door.
The receiver, which is the chime and speaker and so on, usually takes a few
batteries, which last forever because they only get used when someone
presses the door bell and the chime sounds for a few seconds.
The button transmitters usually use a small 3 or 12 volt battery like those
found in garage door openers etc that cost a few bucks...and they'll last
for a couple years usually.
Wiring in a door bell is a pain in the ass if it's a finished
home...wireless is a great way to go for convenients.
And, the wireless system rarely receives or causes any kind of RFI.
If there is any at all, it's only when the doorbell button is pressed.
I have used the wireless doorbells for a long time...and I like them because
I can place the receiver in a location where it can be easily heard
throughout the house.

73
Colin, V A6BKX