From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2014 12:21:48 -0330
Hi all:

I acquired a new UV-5R yesterday and I was wondering if there's a way to have the menu items spoken but not be activated? IE: My XYL accidentally pressed menu on the squelch item and it spoke. I'd like to be able to do that for all the items.
Now I know that when you 1ST enter the menu, the item is reset but pressing the menu key again on this item will confirm and I don't want to do that. I had this thing pre_programmed but I believe the duel watch is activated and scanning because while in memory mode, I'm still getting other FM channel noises such as the weather channel etc.
I think this will be an extra drain on the battery as I really don't need duel watch.

73:
Mike VO1AX