From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:11:59 -0500
    John:

Yeah, I know what you mean about the power and Mic Gain settings on the 718.
I just set the mic gain in the middle and forget it;  the power is something
you adjust with the tuning knob, and I just approximate, or just turn it
several turns to get the full 100 watts out.

It's kind of a pain, but it works.

Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ