From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:41:38 -0400
If you expect to pay a lot of money and actually have up-to-date
hardware, I reckon you'd better look elsewhere than the blindy
products, because you generally aren't gonna get that. Get yourself a
$400 or less netbook with your screen reader of choice and a braille
display (yeah, unfortunately those aren't very mainstream).
Fortunately System Access is supporting a couple more displays, so
you're not locked into the big boys if you don't wanna be. Of course,
there's always the Mac. ...

All that said, none of these will read NLS books. If you just want
something to read books, I reckon any of the portable book players
will do nicely; I really do like my BookSense a lot. Save yourself a
couple bucks (and, by many accounts, several headaches) and get the
standard version instead of the XT, though.