From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2008 00:13:40 -0400
Hi Colin.

I'll have to take your word for it, having never experienced the
'570.  But, you kind of summed up how I feel about the TS690S--a very fine
sounding radio.

I wasn't sure initially what the issue was with hearing impairments and the
TS2000S, but what you say makes a great deal of sense.  I did do one thing
with my TS2000S which is kind of a throwback to old technology, but
sometimes it makes the radio sound a lot better--I stuck an Autek QF1A
active audio filter between the radio and the speaker so that I can further
taylor the sound of the receiver, and sometimes I widen the DSP filters out
and just let the Autek do the work--it has a more pleasing sound.

But, anyway, the TS690S nearly always sounds better than the TS2000S, and
the internal auto tuner doesn't use relays to boot!

73, de Lou K2LKK