From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2015 09:07:25 -0500
While you can do this in Windows sound devices, it might be better to do
it from within your screen reader.   Don't know about WE, but in JAWS:
Open  the JAWS window, and in the drop down menus go to utilities/sound
cards.  you will see "default" most likely selected.  Change this to
whatever your on board sound card is, and JAWS will always use it.

While you can change in Windows sound devices what sound card Windows
uses as default.  This can  change down the road.    It may work fine
for years, but after some crash, or Windows update, or some reason known
only to Microsoft,  Windows may  change  things around.

If you get in a jam with this, kill DC power to the radio to make the
Kenwood USB sound device go away.   Turning off the radio doesn't help
since as long as DC power is  applied to the radio, it is  still "on"
just asleep.

73, Steve KW3A