From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:14:52 -0500
Hi;
I may have missed some of this but you might want to first consider what
type of operation you plan on and what bands you will have antennas for.
For example I believe you said you had a kenwood tmv71a.  If this radio is
going to be used at home you have to decide if you want your hf radio to
include 2 meters and 70 cm.  If you plan on using ssb on 2 meters or 70 cm
then you will want a hf radio that also includes those bands.  If your uhf
and vhf operation will be fm only, the tmv71a will be more than adequate and
you might look at radios that just cover 160 through 6 meters.
Just my two cents
Richard