From:
Matthew Elliff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:26:08 -0600
hi all. i've tried to help brice figure out his linksys router. here's what
is going on. i guide him through how to foward ports, but when we aply the
changes by putting 5198 in the first box for the port range, and 52199 in
the second one. then i tell him to check the udp check box. all fine here. i
also helop him tell him what number computer he has so te router will send
the port to the right machine. then i tell him to enable the port by
checking the box. but when he aplies the changes, each time, the first port
is 5199 and the second is 51980. i even told him to make sure the 0 is
unchecked. both of us were using window-eyes 4.5 under windows xp. i forward
the ports all the time here and nothing like what i just discribed above
happens to me. any ideas? trying to get him on echolink but we can't get
that far along unfortunatly. if i need to clarify something let me know.
73
Matthew Elliff KC0QJJ