From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 19:52:36 -0500
Hi, all.

Well, here's a question for you TMV71A experts out there:

My sighted XYL told me today that, on both of my TMV71A's (i.e. the one in
the car and the one at the house), the memory names that I entered into the
programming software are not showing up on the visual display.  She
discovered the problem this past week-end, when I had put the rig in the car
on another repeater, and forgot to set it back to the local repeater that we
use most often.

Obviously, I didn't have a clue that the memory names weren't showing up.

I have kept the memory names within the character limit specified by the
software.  For example, our Big Rapids local 2-meter repeater memory is
referred to as bigrap.

Do I need to do something in the menus or the software to get these memory
names to show up?

Thanks for any help you can provide with this rather un-expected problem.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ