From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:59:00 -0500
Barb:

This past Summer, I was offered, and took the Interim Department Head
position for the Department Of Social Sciences at Ferris State University in
Michigan.

It's a 12-month administrative position--quite a bit different from the
usual 9-month teaching gig, but it is a challenge that I am finding
interesting and a bit different from the usual grind.

The position looks like it will be mine for one to as many as three years,
until a national search is conducted.

Whether I put my hat in the ring for the permanent position and the national
search remains to be seen.

I would like to retire someday, so we'll just have to see how things sort
themselves out within the next year or so.

Either way, I can always go back to teaching if the dpt head doesn't work
out permanently for some reason.

Kind of a fortunate position to be in, toward the end of one's career.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ