From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2013 22:04:33 -0500
Hi,

I also have two of the thermostats from talking thermostats.com.  As was
said earlier, Harry is a straight shooter and is also a ham.

Yes, there are some functions and settings that do not talk, however, these
are setup parameters and usually do not need to be changed as the defaults
generally are fine.  An example of some of these settings are as follows:
the time interval in hours between service announcements.

There are two models, the VIP2000 and the VIP3000 and your type of system
will determine which one you will require.

One of mine got flaky several years ago and it was replaced under warranty
without question.

I currently own two of the VIP2000 models.

One complaint I have is that the speech is too loud, however, there is a pot
that can be adjusted to lower the volume.

I hope this helps.

Howard #3