From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2012 20:27:09 -0500
Scott,

Where in Central Pa are you?  I'm in Williamsport.

By all means, go for the extra.  It's quite doable with all the study
resources we have today.  I've been a ham for 42 years and had taken and
failed the extra test twice before because I hadn't properly prepared.
However, if you use the handi-ham materials or, as I did, hamtestonline.com,
you'll do fine.  I'd advise studying the math but, even if you miss all of
them, there are only 4 or 5 math questions so it is possible to miss them
and still pass the test.  I had a lot of fun just preparing for the extra
and, of course, I was highly motivated.  I passed it at Dayton last year.
Good luck and 73.  Lou  WA3MIX
Lou Kolb
Voice-over Artist:
Radio/TV Ads, Video narrations