From:
Ed Malmgren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2013 12:42:15 -0600
Well to set up a system that would heat your house it would be very costly.
Yes you would need a bank of batteries normally to store energy for night
time and then you have to hope you get a lot of sun.  I use solar on top of
my motor home and it cost a couple of thousands of dollars just for
electricity.  Another thing is you also need a controller so as not to
overcharge the bats.  I think you would be much better off just using
propane with a large tank so to be able to buy when the price is low..  Good
luck and 73.
Ed   K7UC