From:
Adrien Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 2015 12:07:52 +0200
Hi Tim

Ok thanks for that, I wasn't thinking of torquay, it is a
long time since I had access to a rig or repeater list come
to that. I used to spend hours on the repeaters when I first
got licensed, I was g1zau but am now g0mun.

I used to enjoy working the special events on 40 meters, it
is surprising the number you can contact during a year. I
have thousands of qsl cards from them. Some of them were one
off events and I even organised a few myself in my early
days of radio when I lived in Norfolk. I didn't realise you
were at the Cliffden, we must have missed each other by
literally weeks, I was there in July to the 2nd of August.
You will have to let me know if you visit again.

I have been given info regarding the cheap radio you can get
from amazon, I may look into it, it is pretty reasonable,
Baofeng UV-5RA Ham Two Way Radio 136-174, I am interested in
this but I wonder how good it is, I saw a thread on here
regarding this some time ago but couldn't read every message
so deleted it, what is it like and how easy is it to set up?

73's

Adrien