From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:31:55 -0400
Hi Eric, I've had and used 3, and recently got another 470 which I'm
keeping. And while it's not as "blind accessible,"/with voice chip and or cw
readout,  as are some of the newer Kenwoods and Icoms, I've found it to
still be a pretty accessible radio, especially for its' time, what with most
all the keyboard keys having different beep pitches etc.  Now, reference
your recent inability to access some of your repeaters, If any of them have
either added or changed their ctcss/PL tones since you programmed them into
your 470, you'll have to either include that tone in the present programming
on that/those channel/channels, or more likely, reprogram the whole memory
channel on which those repeaters are stored, and when using the vfo, you'll
have to include their tones in the programming or you won't bring the
repeaters up.  Finally, if you're interested  in selling or swapping the 470
and or any of its accessories, please contact me off list, as a friend and I
are working on putting several of them into service.  Thanks, Danny Dyer,
wb4idu, email [log in to unmask]