From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2014 14:32:38 -0400
Steve:

Considering all the CW operating I do, I guess I'm no expert on this either,
and have sure learned a lot today.  As it turns out, my transmit and
listening frequencies were never that far off, but the auto-zero-beat
function allows me to be sure, which is a good thing.

I guess one of the reasons for CW reverse is that you can doublecheck to be
absolutely sure you are zero-beat with the station you are working, as the
article Danny sent out explains.

There may be other reasons for using CW reverse, but I am not totally sure
what they might be.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ