From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:54:08 -0500
I thought that WLW ran 500 KW during the 30's.

There is still a station in Saudi Arabia on 1521 KHz running 2 megawatts,
and a few others in Europe or Asia near the 1 MW level.  And many of the
shortwave broadcast stations run 250 KW, then feed it into directional
arrays that raise the ERP to several megawatts in a particular direction.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls