From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 21:29:38 -0400
tom,

The formula for the short side is  length times .36, not .34

If the long side is 64 percent of the antenna, and you only make the  short
end 34 percent, you  only have 98 percent of an antenna.   That last 2
percent is where all the DX is.

Pencils down class.

Another way of looking at the addition of 8 feet is:
8 x .64 =5.12 feet added to the long side.

8 x .36 =  2.88 feet added to the short side.
73, Steve KW3A