From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2012 21:57:24 -0500
I played hookey from the 20-meter net, because this weekend has been quite
busy and I didn't have much other free time for the 10-meter contest.  I
operated a little on Friday night, some more on Saturday night, and just
over a half hour this afternoon.  Running the amplifier and the beam, I had
72 QSOs in 29 states, provinces or countries.  You're right; there were a
lot of Washington stations on this afternoon.  My best DX was Hawaii and
Argentina.  I think you had to hit the band every couple of hours to check
for sporadic-E openings.  But this afternoon's opening to the West Coast and
South America would be F2 layer.
73 -- W3IUU