From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:06:58 -0600
that's right.
although, all of those writers do, and did make a concerted effort to
maintain clarity in their pros.
even Shakespeare in his word play and drastic alteration of language rules
of his time, and ours, was still understandable if one focused on the words
and context in which they were placed.
100 years from now, the phrasing and wording of even this message will be
somewhat archaic to modern speakers and writers of the language.
Just listen to old radio shows from the 40's and earlier, or old recordings
from the first years of the twentieth century to get an idea of how things
were said, inflections, and words used to get an idea of how things can and
do change even in a relatively short span of years.
even the way we talk changes.  Accents change, we pick up other words from
other languages and so on.  This is especially true across different
geographical regions of English speaking countries.
And, like anything else, there are extremes on both ends of the issue.
73
Colin, V A6BKX