From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:28:39 -0500
Hi Howard;
Yes; my wife and I have two "lovely" sons who needed insurance.  Normally
dad has insurance which is relatively cheap and the kid is just a second
driver on dads policy.  In our case poor old dad has no insurance so the kid
has to get his own.  Since it is just in his name and not a second driver
for someone else it is between $4,000 and $5,000.  Gets much worse if the
darling gets a ticket or two.  Does this this loving child have a
grandparent who would be willing to adopt him as a second driver?  I don't
know if that is a legal option but if there is a willing grandparent with
insurance that might be worth investigating.  Also consider if they are
going to get a newer car and have to buy collision insurance or buy
something with four wheels and a motor and not much else but avoid needing
collision.  That might save them a few dollars.
Rich