From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 22:34:36 -0500
    Steve:

Well, my friend does have an antenna analyzer, which he'll bring tomorrow.

And, you are absolutely right about the very narrow sweet spot for low SWR
on 160 meters.

Having his analyzer will help us figure things out much more effectively.

At any rate, it does the heart good to know that I can now get on 160
meters, even if I have to push the envelope a bit with the extra 100 feet of
coax at the transmitter, plus the manual tuner.

Jim from Radioworks says that using 100 extra feet of RG8X coax only
presents minimal losses on 160, so what I have done is connected that hunk
of coax to a blank port on my tuner, which I can manually connect to the
Windom antenna feedline on my window feed-through panel when needed for 160.

It's really kind of clunky, so I hope tomorrow's tweaking session will
improve my situation considerably.

I just kind of surprised myself that I could get on 160 meters at all with
things as they are.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ