From:
Pat Gormley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:00:19 -0400
another thing you can do is listen for the beacons just below 28.250.  I
heard one in central Florida and Highlandville Missouri.  As soon as I heard
the calls, I looked up them on qrz and that will give you an indication
where the bands are open to.  There are beacons on 6 and 2 as well. 73- pat
kk3f