From:
Matt Arthur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2014 14:55:36 -0600
Hi Richard,
I am glad your interested in operating six meters.
Here is some things that will help you out.
First of all 50mhz to 50.1 is cw only.
 With in that part of the band there are also beacons.
In the us. by F.C.c regulation the beacon band is 50.060 to 50.080mhz.
However that is only in the us. every ware elce they put beacons any place
in the cw part of the band.
Usually lower in  the cw band.
So now for the rest of the band.
Usually 50.100 up to around 50.250 or so is whare you will hear most of the
ssb activity.
Also keep in mind that 50.100 to 50.125 is the dx windo.
by gentlemens agreement.
the dx calling frequency for working stations out side the us is 50.110
The northamerican calling frequency and used by most stations is 50.125 ssb.
We also some times use cw there.
Above 50.250 or so there doing some didgetal stuff.
50.400 is the am calling frequency.
they do am around 50.400 and up and down from there.
So from there until 52mhz is kind of mixt.
there is some fm activity in the 51mhz part of the band and in some places
there are even repeaters there.
most fm is however above 52.mhz.
The fm calling frequency is 52.525 fm
In most places repeaters use a 1mhz offset some places use a 500khz offset.
California does this and also Montana but every whare elce is 1mhz offset
for repeaters.
If your operating ssb and cw a horazonal antenna is best.
vertical for fm.
I hope this helps.
Thanks 73 Matt ka0pqw