From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2015 22:41:20 -0400
I think we had 160, 80, 40, 20, 10 and 5 meters before World War II. I don't
think 15 metrs was opened for amateur use until after WW2. In the early
1950s you had to have an Advanced or Extra license to work phone on 75 or 20
meters, and phone was introduced into 40 meters for the first time somewhere
around 1950. I had my Novice license when, in 1956, 20 meter phone was
expanded upward from 14300 to 14350. The bands have changed a lot over the
years, including the amount of space where American stations could work
phone. If anyone wants more particulars, I will expound some more.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com