From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2014 14:11:13 -0700
2 years or so ago, I was shopping for a new washing machine.  I looked at the usual places such as Home Depot, Lowes, Fry's Electronics, and the Maytag store.  I remember going into the Maytag store and asking to be shown all of the washing machines, that I could operate without sighted help.  The salesperson called the store manager over, and he walked over and quietly explained that they didn't have any machines with click-type knobs, or any thing else that he felt that I could successfully use on my own.  After examining all of the display models I concluded that he was absolutely right, there wasn't a single washing machine in the place that I could independently operate.
What a world, Hi.

Alan/KD7GC

[*]